LOS ANGELES (November 11, 2014) – Square Enix and Avalanche Studios today unveiled JUST CAUSE 3, a vast open-world action adventure, and the latest instalment in the much-loved JUST CAUSE series. JUST CAUSE 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.
«We’ve been waiting for this moment ever since Just Cause 2 was released, said Christofer Sundberg, founder and Chief Creative Officer at Avalanche Studios. “This is the culmination of a decade’s worth of open-world evolution and innovation. In JUST CAUSE 3, we’ve sent Rico to a beautiful Mediterranean archipelago. He is of course bringing his Grapple and Parachute, both with game-changing upgrades, as well as the brand new Wingsuit. JUST CAUSE 3 truly represents the next generation of chaotic sandbox fun, and we can’t wait to show you more next year.»
Exclusive coverage and developer interviews can be found in Game Informer’s December issue. Additionally, visit GameInformer.com/JustCause3 throughout the month for on-going coverage.
Official Homepage: justcause.com
Official Facebook® Page: facebook.com/JustCause
Follow @JustCause on Twitter®: twitter.com/JustCause
About Avalanche Studios
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise, and is currently working on Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) slated for release in 2015. The studio has created acclaimed twin stick shooter Renegade Ops (published by SEGA) and self-published free-to-play service theHunter (developed by subsidiary Expansive Worlds) with more than 4.5 million registered players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm and New York City, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games built on its proprietary technology, the Avalanche Engine, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. More information is available at www.avalanchestudios.com
The Mediterranean republic of Medici is suffering under the brutal control of General Di Ravello, a dictator with an insatiable appetite for power. Enter Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to destroy the General’s hold on power by any means necessary. With over 400 square miles of complete freedom from sky to seabed and a huge arsenal of weaponry, gadgets and vehicles, prepare to unleash chaos in the most creative and explosive ways you can imagine.
- Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits
- Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above
- Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
- Cause massive chains of destruction in military bases, harbours, prisons, police stations and communications facilities to bring down a dictator
- Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes
- Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars and super bikes
- Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover
- Online community features